With more rain predicted for Sunday 12 February. The Big Gay Out has been postponed until Sunday 12 March.

Joe Rich, the Chief Executive of Big Gay Out’s organiser, Burnett Foundation Aotearoa exclusively tells express:

“Following the Auckland Anniversary weekend floods, Burnett Foundation Aotearoa requested Auckland Council inspect Coyle Park and advise whether it is safe to hold Big Gay Out.


“Council notified late on Friday 3 February that Coyle Park would not be safe to hold the event on Sunday 12 February. 

“The health and safety of our communities is always our top priority. We can now confirm that the event will be moved to Sunday 12 March.

“We are currently in the process of notifying all of our stakeholders and community.

“We are committed to supporting our stakeholders and supporters through these changes and hope that the community can still join us in the celebration next month.”

For more information and updates please go to