The finalists for Mr. Gay New Zealand 2021 have officially been announced with the winner being crowned on stage at the 2021 Ending HIV Big Gay Out at 5 pm.
The four finalists who are from across Aotearoa will conduct a series of tasks including raising money for the NZAF, an opinion piece, public speaking, an Ending HIV workshop, written-test, and a formal interview all before heading on stage at the final.
Members of the public will also be able to take part by voting for their favourite finalist daily HERE!
Thomas Notton – Auckland
Bharat Mahajan – Waikato
David Playle – Auckland
Josiah Pasikale – Wellington
The competition is broken up into five criteria, including:
- Engagement – Candidates are assessed on their ability to engage with the wider LGBT+ community.
- Community out-reach – Candidates are assessed on their work conducted throughout the community.
- Public speaking – Candidates are assessed on their ability to articulate a message in a public forum.
- Natural Leadership Ability – Candidates should possess a Natural Leadership ability that can be built on and developed to give back to the community.
- Mana – The Mana of a candidate is assessed ensuring the future Mr. Gay New Zealand will have a positive persona to become a role model and leader that the community can be proud of.